With the Zimele Meter Data Management System (MDMS) consumption data from a consumer’s smart meter is automatically collected and captured and transmitted to a remote central location using a communication medium (e.g. mobile network, power line carrier, etc.). The consumption data is then used for billing, troubleshooting, analysing and profiling of a consumer’s energy usage
• Reduced meter reading costs
• Automated meter reading cycle for all utility services
• Revenue protection via events and tamper alerts
• Reduced technical losses through accurate billing
• Improved management reporting
• Graphical representation – real-time consumption graphs are presented to the consumer via the Meter Data Management System
• Consumer portal access allowing for consumption transparency
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
The MDMS and AMI Solution helps clients address the following challenges: • Cost and delays associated with manual meter reading
• Inaccurate meter readings and estimations
• Inaccurate customer information
• Difficulties accessing the premises
• Long periodic meter reads and billing cycles
• Electricity theft, tampering, and meter failure
• Revenue under collection
• Pre-developed web based AMR system that is a multi-vendor AMR system currently compatible with many meter types
• Customisation of this pre-developed system to meet the client requirements
• Configuration of the Extraction routines for the Data Transfer mechanisms to feed data to existing applications that require AMR data.
• System security offers up to 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption
• Innovative distributed architecture that supports either hosting, outsourcing, or installing servers to client site
• Real Communication Monitor, showing real time conversations with devices in the field
• Meter Readings can be downloaded in various formats including CSV, TXT, and PDF format
The AMI Integration Implementation strategy will assist the client as they move through the Integration Maturity Cycle from a manual to fully automated landscape.