Our Meter-to-cash solutions support billing and invoicing processes that are fair to customers and compliant with legal mandates. They bring together customer-facing activities and solid financial capabilities to improve bill-to-cash insight. Manage receivables, payments, credit risk, collections, and other financial customer service processes – while ensuring compliance with all legal requirements. With highly flexible processes, you can maximize process automation and help ensure consistent system performance and scalability. The outcome? Minimized billing rates and fewer outstanding receivables.
Our customers can benefit from:
• Reduced process costs due to a streamlined billing and invoicing process, as well as shorter response times, fewer disputes, and streamlined collections.
• Optimize cash flow by integrating billing functions with SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM).
• Put in place a prepayment scenario where the energy billing is used to calculate the current balance for customers on a prepayment plan, without the need of installing special prepayment meters but taking advantage of standard smart meters instead.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Meter to cash will benefit clients who want to:
• Optimise their billing processes
• Improve revenue collection
• Improve customer satisfaction through reliable billing information
Billing of Energy (such as electricity and gas) and Services (such as waste and sewage). The billing solution allow for:
• Management of the entire billing and invoicing process for energy products and utility services – SAP software provides flexible, rock-solid support for any highly scalable billing and invoicing scenario.
• Companies can implement and execute billing rules for any division (for example, electricity and gas), customer group (including commercial, industrial, and residential), and mix of energy and non-energy services (such as street lights and electromobility services). Billing rules can be changed easily as regulations and tariffs change, ensuring compliance during invoice processing.
• Receivables Management and Payment Handling – Accounting, controlling, and reporting of high volumes of financial transactions through the SAP software.
• The software also considers every possible payment channel and provides sophisticated and flexible clearing control. This functionality enables billing professional to assign individual clearing strategies, automate payment reconciliation, and generate reports aligned with accounting principles. Processing payments in a highly automated manner enables the billing team to reduce day’s sales outstanding and processing costs. As a result, customer satisfaction increases because payments are accurately and quickly processed while collections target the proper customers.
• Credit and Collection Management – Informed credit decisions and collections processing that are tailored to individual customer profiles.
• SAP software delivers reliable, comprehensive credit scoring of new and existing customers based on historical customer data integrated with external credit rating agencies. It fully automates routine tasks in the collections process for mass volumes of customers, such as the calculation of interest payments. Billing personnel can change and continuously optimize collections strategies by using Champion/Challenger analysis as well as in-house teams and external collections agencies. A complete picture of the credit and collection history of new and existing customers enables providers to reduce day’s sales outstanding and the risk of non-payment, while retaining loyal customers.
• With prepayment, companies can offer their customers a payment option either for bad payers or use it as a competitive advantage by offering it for customers as a payment method of choice.
Zimele Technologies follows the Accelerated SAP (ASAP) implementation methodology and approach for final delivery. The diagram below depicts the different phases as well as the key deliverables. The solution allows implementation of Meter-to-cash solution for mid-size organisation in three to six months.