The Zimele SETA MIS platform is a full and complete end-to-end ERP based SETA management platform that comprises of all the components required by the SETA to drive its end to end business processes. The SAP Hana based platform is fully integrated across all the modules and components out of the box. Supported in the platform is role-based access control and security across all modules to ensure auditability and segregation of duties. The platform can be deployed on premise at the customer site or on the Zimele cloud with cutting edge in-memory computing capability. The platform conceptual architecture is shown in the diagram below:
1. CHANNELS LAYER
The channels layer supports access to the SETA MIS platform via different channels to ensure ease of access and a consistent experience across all channels for the users of the platform
• Web/Online Portal – to allow for self-service management of learners, assessors, moderators and employers across all MIS capabilities associated with skills management. This also includes the ability to support online chat functionality (optional extra item). The portal is also mobile devices adaptable.
• Audit App – to allow for audit capability support on mobile devices to ensure increased efficiency for the SETAs around the inspection requirements.
• Contact Center – staff assistance through calling into the contact center to increase SETA effectiveness.
2. INTEGRATION LAYER
The Zimele integration platform ensures that seamless integration of the channels to the back-end can be achieved.
• Integration to CRM
• Integration to various ERPs
• Integration to Supply Chain Management
• Integration to Finance for budgeting and financial control
• Integration to external systems such as the Department of Higher Education and the South African Qualifications Authority and Banks
3. SETA CORE MIS SYSTEM
• Bursary Management
• Claims Management
• Learnership Management
• Grants Management
• Self Service Capability
• Skills Management
4. ERP LAYER
The ERP Layer is a critical component of the SETA MIS platform and drives key capabilities such as supply chain and finance, which are an integral part of the success of a skills development programme management. This layer is able to integrate to external MIS platforms through the Zimele integration platform and can be made available to the client separately.
• Supply Chain Management
• Human Resources
• Payroll Management
• Document Management