Zimele’s AMI consulting services helps organisations organise and plan AMI roll outs in a cost effective
Through our AIM suite of solutions, organisations are ensured smooth running of meter-to-cash business
Zimele helps organisation improve revenue collection, reduce operating costs and heighten customer
Zimele helps organisations manage multiple vendor systems and meters in a cost effective manner. Our
customers are ensured:
• Faster implementation
• Standard meter-to-cash processes based on best practice
• Reduced risk
• Accurate consumption data
• Automated System Alignment
• Shorter Meter Reading Cycle
• Faster Revenue Collection Cycle
• Improved Handling of Errors
Zimele’s AMI services include the following:
• AMI and AMR Rollout services
Zimele helps plan, organise and roll out AMI solutions which includes design, implement, support and manage
the roll out programme management.
• Field Operation Service
Zimele also helps organisations manage meters in the field. Services include meter audits, trouble shooting
of communication issues, repair/replacement of meters and GIS management.
• Meter Reading Service
Zimele helps organisations collect and validate meter reading through our renowned meter data management
systems and infrastructure. Our processes are fully automated through our AMI systems.
• Network Operational Service
Zimele ensure that your communication equipment runs effectively through systems alerts. Reliable
communication ensures smooth running of meter reading processes including connect/disconnection,
move-in/move out, power outage management, and event management.
• Revenue Management Services
Zimele helps organisations have a better understanding of utility consumption management. Presentment of
accurate bills give customers confidence in the bills, thus resulting in better chances payment which leads
to better revenue collection. Together, we can achieve better billing accuracy.
Billing of Energy (such as electricity and gas) and Services (such as waste and sewage). The billing solution
• Management of the entire billing and invoicing process for energy products and utility services – SAP
software provides flexible, rock-solid support for any highly scalable billing and invoicing
• Companies can implement and execute billing rules for any division (for example, electricity and gas),
customer group (including commercial, industrial, and residential), and mix of energy and non-energy
services (such as street lights and electromobility services). Billing rules can be changed easily as
regulations and tariffs change, ensuring compliance during invoice processing.
• Receivables Management and Payment Handling – Accounting, controlling, and reporting of high volumes of
financial transactions through the SAP software.
• The software also considers every possible payment channel and provides sophisticated and flexible
clearing control. This functionality enables billing professional to assign individual clearing strategies,
automate payment reconciliation, and generate reports aligned with accounting principles. Processing
payments in a highly automated manner enables the billing team to reduce day’s sales outstanding and
processing costs. As a result, customer satisfaction increases because payments are accurately and quickly
processed while collections target the proper customers.
• Credit and Collection Management – Informed credit decisions and collections processing that are tailored
to individual customer profiles.
• SAP software delivers reliable, comprehensive credit scoring of new and existing customers based on
historical customer data integrated with external credit rating agencies. It fully automates routine tasks
in the collections process for mass volumes of customers, such as the calculation of interest payments.
Billing personnel can change and continuously optimize collections strategies by using Champion/Challenger
analysis as well as in-house teams and external collections agencies. A complete picture of the credit and
collection history of new and existing customers enables providers to reduce day’s sales outstanding and the
risk of non-payment, while retaining loyal customers.
• With prepayment, companies can offer their customers a payment option either for bad payers or use it as a
competitive advantage by offering it for customers as a payment method of choice.
The Zimele AMI Integration Framework guides the client to which systems components are required to integrate
various the metering solutions. This is the base of our consulting model.
The framework’s main components are:
• Billing Engine – which represents the backend environment
• Integration Components – which represents the link between the backend system and metering solutions
• Meter Solutions – which incorporates the non-smart and smart meters
• The Mobility Component – is a real-time communication channel to the consumer which allows the consumer to
access information on the go
• Meter Data Management Systems (Plug n Play Scada Solution) – which transports data from meters or head-end
system to the billing system
The AMI Integration Implementation strategy will assist the client as they move through the Integration
Maturity Cycle from a manual to fully automated landscape.